Twhirl is a desktop client for the popular microblogging platform Twitter that builds on the very cool Adobe AIR runtime. AIR allows desktop software development using popular web techniques like XHTML/CSS or Flash/Flex. twhirl requires the most recent version of AIR (beta 3) to be installed on the client computer. Features include:
- remembering login credentials on user’s computer
- all-in-one timeline with tweets, replies and direct messages
- configurable auto-updates for the timeline
- displaying user’s latest 20 status updates and direct messages sent
- sending status updates
- sending replies to other users (with quick buttons on others’ statuses)
- sending direct messages to other users
- showing user’s friends and followers
- deleting own status updates and direct messages
- input area can be hidden (configurable auto-hiding)
- multi-account support
Twhirl is a free software application from the Chat & Instant Messaging subcategory, part of the Communications category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2009-09-21. The program can be installed on WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Twhirl (version 0.9.5) has a file size of 1.68 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 106 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.